Breast augmentation is one of the most popular plastic surgery procedures among women. Many women who have small breasts choose to get their breasts enhanced to feel better about themselves. They believe having larger breasts will make them look more attractive in certain clothes. Some women may even believe they will be more attractive to men if they get breast augmentation. If you are considering breast augmentation, you should definitely do your research first to determine if it is right for you.
The Cost of Breast Augmentation
Just like all plastic surgery procedures, breast augmentation is not cheap. Most insurance companies will not cover the cost of the surgery because it is not medical related. Breast augmentation typically costs $5,000 to $10,000. These prices include your anesthesia, implants, operating facility and surgeon’s fee. If you can’t pay the cost of breast augmentation in full, you can talk to your surgeon about finance options.
The Difference Between Saline and Silicone Implants
One of the most important decisions you will have to make before getting breast augmentation is figuring out if you want saline or silicone implants. Silicone implants are pre-filled with a silicone gel, while saline implants are filled with saline at the time of surgery. Silicone implants typically feel more natural than saline ones. However, it is easier to detect rupturing with saline implants. It is best to talk to your doctor to determine which implant is right for you.
Benefits of Breast Augmentation
– One of the main benefits a woman receives with breast implants is an enhanced appearance. Breast implants can make a woman’s body look more proportionate and curvy.
– Breast augmentation can increase a woman’s confidence dramatically. After receiving the surgery, many women feel better about themselves and are more fun to be around.
– Breast enlargement surgery gives a woman more clothing options. For example, she can wear a low-cut top or dress with more confidence.
Negatives of Breast Augmentation
– One of the negatives of breast augmentation is that it can take a couple of weeks to get back on your feet. Women who work full-time jobs will have to request time off from work ahead of time.
– Some women experience permanent scarring after getting breast implants. Even though a surgeon will try to make the incision as thin as possible, women must prepare themselves for having a permanent scar.
– Breast implants do not last forever, so women will have to get them replaced at least once or twice. Because breast implants are so expensive, this may not be feasible for all women.
– Breast implants make it more difficult to scan for breast cancer. The images of the breasts may be obscured by the implants.
Whether or not you decide to get breast implants is completely up to you. However, it is important to know all of the facts about it before you go through the surgery. If you know it will make you happier and more confident, you shouldn’t be afraid to get it done.